It’s another five for Farquhar as he rules the roads again
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
It’s another five for Farquhar as he rules the roads again
[Image: bushroadraces.jpg]

Ryan Farquhar was in superlative form at his local Bush Road Races on Saturday recording five wins for the second successive weekend, the KMR Kawasaki rider winning the Supersport, Open, Grand Final, Supertwin and Moto 450 races to extend his record Irish road race winning total to 191.

The closest Farquhar came to being beaten on Saturday was in the Open race when he seemed to be cruising to victory only to be surprised by Derek Sheils, who was closing like an express train and actually got in front at one stage of the last lap only for Farquhar to respond and retake the lead and win by less than half a second.

Farquhar said: “Going into the final lap I was given a ‘+12’ board so backed right off thinking I was well in control. It was a huge shock when Derek came flying by.

“It was a wake up call and I tucked in behind him and fortunately had enough time left to find a way past and keep my nose in front to the chequered flag.”

Other than that Farquhar’s other wins were more comfortable with the action centred on the battles for the remaining podium positions.

John Burrows finished second to Farquhar in the H2 Engineering Grand Final with Jamie Hamilton on his Bush debut a terrific third, but when second seemed secure for Burrows in the Supersport race he slid off at the final bend on the last lap, following a light rain shower, handing second to Sheils with Stephen McKnight third. Hamilton followed his team leader Farquhar home in the Supertwin race in which Burrows, who has had a podium finish in each of the seven Bush Road Races, was third.

Farquhar’s fifth win came in the 125/Moto 450 race and after his latest five-timer he said: “It’s been another great day for me and the team. Although conditions were quite tricky at times the club did a good job getting all races run.”

Sam Wilson won the Moto 3 race to record his first road race win while Seamus Elliott flew past Davy Morgan on the last lap to win the 250GP class.

Alan Kenny and Ronnie Scott shared the support race wins while Barry Davidson and Allan Brew were the classic race winners on a day dominated by Farquhar who now also leads the Irish and Ulster road race championships in Superbike, Supersport, Supertwin and Moto 450 classes at the halfway point.

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]

By Roy Harris

(This post was last modified: 26-06-2012, 10:12 AM by Malcolm.)
26-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Website Find Reply