Top three results on home turf for John Burrows
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Top three results on home turf for John Burrows
[Image: johnburrowshdr.jpg]

In front of his local fans, Cookstown/BE Racing team leader John Burrows took two top three finishes on the 3.3 miles Bush circuit which is located just a few miles from his Carland home near Dungannon.

Had it not been for some bad luck, Burrows could have had top three results in every race he competed in, but he was satisfied with his day's work which took place in front of his local Supporters Club and local sponsors who included sausage supremos Cookstown, David Campbell of Kronos Audio Visual and H2 Engineering who were also the Bush event's title sponsor.

Burrows' first race of the day was the Supertwins race and on the Cookstown/KBM Kawasaki 650 he took third, just 2.8 seconds behind winner Ryan Farquhar. Burrows was disappointed not to get second place.

He said: "I followed Jamie Hamilton for a long time before snatching second from him on the last lap. However, Hamilton successfully retaliated at the very last corner and beat me to the line by half a second. Maybe I should have waited until the last corner before making my move."

In the Supersport 600 race Burrows rode really well but had nothing to show for his efforts as he explained: "The Moira Club's 600 Honda has a little electrical fault which occasionally causes it to die when you let the clutch out and it did it at the start of the Supersport race. However, she quickly fired up again and I cut my way through the pack until I caught Derek Sheils who was in second place behind Farquhar. The Honda has a superb chassis and was handling perfectly.

"Derek and I had a great battle and we exchanged second place a number of times. I felt I had all his moves covered but on the last lap I lost the front end at Cranston's Corner and crashed out. I was really disappointed because I felt I had ridden really well to come up to second from way back at the start."

With conditions damp, Burrows opted to use the Moira 600 in the Senior Championship race in preference to his GSXR 1000. Unfortunately, the bike again stalled at the start and Burrows was last away. With a wet front tyre on a drying track Burrows salvaged fifth position at the chequered flag.

He commented: "A wet front tyre was the wrong choice and considering that I gave everybody a head start fifth wasn't a bad result. We are going to change the battery on the Honda to see if that cures the stalling problem."

The big Cookstown/BE Racing GSXR 1000 was wheeled out for the feature Grand Final and Burrows put the extra power to good use, taking second position behind Farquhar.

Burrows said: "It was good to see the big lady going well after the problems we had with her at the Mid-Antrim. I got a great start and was always comfortable in second place. At one point I was eight seconds ahead of Hamilton but I eased back in the closing stages which allowed him to reduce the gap to four seconds, but I was never in any danger of being caught.

"It was a good way to finish the Bush meeting and I hope everyone had a good day despite the odd bit of rain. Well done to the Bush promoters who could have easily given up after the horrendous weather than blighted the practice on Friday."

27-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Website Find Reply