Aprilia - the Aragon race
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Aprilia - the Aragon race
[Image: aprilialogo.jpg]

ON A FRIENDLY TRACK MAX BIAGGI SEEKS TO CONTINUE THE POSITIVE TREND AFTER HIS DOUBLE WIN AT MISANO.

EUGENE LAVERTY IS EAGER FOR REDEMPTION WITH HIS SIGHTS SET ON THE PODIUM.

The Superbike weekend at Aragon promises to be a heated one, and not only because of the expected temperatures. With the double victory in Misano at the end of two commanding performances, Max Biaggi has shaken up the rankings, extending his lead over the rivals, who will be looking to challenge the leadership of the Corsair straight away.

Even the tests which were held last week on the Spanish track showed that Max Biaggi is in grand form - focused and motivated as always. In any case, the races will be another story: the tight battle for the top positions will have an ideal venue in the technical and fast track of Aragon Motorland.

Max Biaggi is calm, but does not underestimate the difficulties: “The Misano races left a nice memory. The team is working well and I'm more focused than ever, even though the tests last week didn't go as we'd hoped, so we'll have to get the most out of what we have to work with. Those who were unlucky at Misano will certainly be eager to redeem themselves, so I expect the qualifying sessions and races to be extremely tight, where small details and motivation will make the difference”.

Eugene Laverty used the tests at Aragon to improve the feeling with his RSV4 after the difficulties during the last race weekend. The rider from Toomebridge sees the podium as his minimum goal, a result that is within reach if Eugene is able to find the right pace straight away.

“I'm entering Aragon in a positive frame of mind following our successful test at the same circuit last week. We discovered the electronics problem that has hindered us over the past three rounds and so I aim to be back on the podium again as we were in Assen and Monza. In one hand I'm angry that this issue has cost us severely in the championship fight but at the same time I'm relieved that at last we've fixed the problem. We are only at the halfway point of the season and so there are plenty of races left for me to fight my way back into the top five in the championship”.

29-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Website Find Reply