SCOTTISH CHAMPION MICHAEL ROBERTSON JOINS SWAN YAMAHA FOR OULTON PARK
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SCOTTISH CHAMPION MICHAEL ROBERTSON JOINS SWAN YAMAHA FOR OULTON PARK
[Image: swanyamahahdr2012.jpg]

Multiple Scottish and 2011 Thundersport GP1 champion Michael Robertson will join the Swan Yamaha team for the Oulton Park round of the Metzeler National Superstock 600 Championship next weekend (6/7/8 July).

Robertson has won titles in the Scottish Superbike (2011), Superstock 1000 and 600 (2010) series and showed his pace in the recent National Superstock Championship round at Knockhill as a wildcard. The rider from Edinburgh qualified fourth on the grid before impressively finishing on the podium in second place behind current championship leader Ben Burke.

Robertson said:

“I am really looking forward to Oulton Park and working with Swan Yamaha, it is an ambition of mine to race in BSB and I would like to thank the team for giving me this opportunity. We had a good last round at Knockhill as a wildcard and I would really like to score a good result at Oulton Park.”

Team owner Shaun Muir concluded:

“It is great that we have been able to give Michael the opportunity to join the Swan Yamaha team for the next round of the championship. He showed impressive pace at Knockhill and to finish in a podium position as a wildcard in such a competitive championship shows that he has potential. There is no pressure on him and hopefully it will be an experience that he will benefit from in the future.”

29-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Website Find Reply