SWAN YAMAHA TARGET REPEAT PERFORMANCE AT OULTON PARK
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SWAN YAMAHA TARGET REPEAT PERFORMANCE AT OULTON PARK
[Image: swanyamahahdr2012.jpg]

The Swan Yamaha team return to Cheshire this weekend (6/7/8 July) for the sixth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Oulton Park as defending champion Tommy Hill and team-mate Noriyuki Haga target a repeat performance of their previous podium finishes at the challenging parkland circuit.

Hill currently leads the overall standings by six points following his double Knockhill podium finish at the previous round and is eager to return to the circuit that he secured pole position, a victory and a second place in May. Haga currently lies twelve points adrift of the top six in the standings and is determined to repeat his performance from the May round, when he claimed a maiden MCE BSB podium finish, in a bid to close the deficit ahead of the Showdown.

Hill said:

“I always look forward to Oulton Park as it is one of my favourite circuits and after two very strong finishes at Knockhill we are coming in to the weekend hoping to stick the Swan Yamaha back on the top step of the podium again. We have three chances this weekend but I am taking it one race at a time as everyone is pretty even and we just need to keep pushing on as a team and looking for those race wins and podium credits. There are lots of riders who are going to be up there fighting but I am just focused on trying to get three wins for Swan Yamaha so we can add to our tally before the Showdown.”

Haga said:

"I had one second place finish at Oulton Park earlier in the season and at that round we found a good set up for the Swan Yamaha so we can start the weekend with that again. I hope it is sunny and that we can fight to get podiums in the races and get the credits. We need good results this weekend. I am ninth in the standings and I will do everything I can to jump to fifth or sixth which we need for the Showdown. I like the Oulton Park circuit and I have experience there already with the Swan Yamaha so I hope we can have a successful weekend."

03-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Website Find Reply