Ducati Team prepares for Sachsenring challenge
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ducati Team prepares for Sachsenring challenge
[Image: ducatimedialogo.jpg]

The Sachsenring is a unique track: short, narrow and, for the most part, slow and twisty, seemingly little-suited for the power of MotoGP bikes.

In reality however, it often plays host to hard-fought, thrilling races. In addition, the atmosphere that surrounds the event is very popular among the world championship riders, who appreciate the passion and enthusiasm of the large crowd that fills the grandstands starting with Friday’s free practice sessions.

Valentino Rossi has won at the Sachsenring five times in his career, and he has climbed the podium on four other occasions. Nicky Hayden is also a frequent visitor to the Sachsenring rostrum, having finished third four times.

Valentino Rossi

"I like the Sachsenring track. It’s difficult because it’s slow and narrow, but it also has some very fast sections, in addition to big elevation changes. It’s quite different from the tracks at the last two rounds, Silverstone and Assen, so we’ll see where we stand with our bike. Last year we had a difficult weekend in Germany, but of course my goal is always to do better every time we return to any track."

Nicky Hayden

"Some people complain about the Sachsenring because it’s so small and tight, but I like it. The lap times are really short, and usually really close. You hardly ever use sixth gear, but it might have the best corner in MotoGP: the fast, blind, downhill Waterfall corner. When you’re bike’s working, it’s a lot of fun, although I’ve come off there, which definitely wasn’t fun! I like counter clockwise tracks, and I’ve been on the pole and on the podium there. Our bike tends to be hard on tyres, which can be a problem at the Sachsenring, but I think we made a little step with that this past weekend that could help us. I’m looking forward to it."

05-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Website Find Reply