ADDICTION
Anonymous
Unregistered

ADDICTION
Does anyone know the whereabouts of a clinic which could help me with a TT addiction ??
16-01-2003, 10:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: ADDICTION
Ian there is a doc who holds clinic in late August and he can be found in the MGP paddock,PS; dont tell everyone.
16-01-2003, 10:57 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The late, great and sadly-lamented Hans-Otto Butenuth told me that as soon as he did his first TT in 1962, he contracted what he called the "TT bacillus"

Incurable, he reckoned it was.

He was right!!
17-01-2003, 01:51 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You're right Larry!
The same bacillus caught me since my first visit on the IOM and the TT in 1995. My best friend Klaus, who visits the TT since 1981 ever told me , if you go one time to the TT you must go every year. He's right too.
Michael
17-01-2003, 01:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am delighted to hear, and receive e-mails, from so many people, not only via this excellent site, but also through my <A HREF="http://www.bbhmg.com">www.bbhmg.com</A> site.........

THE TT is an addiction which I do not find a problem...It is only worrying that one day I WILL have to give it all up..

However I hope keep going as long as I can..

I have not been to the Manx for a while since it conflicts with the family holiday...Where did we go last year (2002) ?

HAILWOOD LODGE and thoroughly enjoyed it !
<A HREF="http://www.hailwoodlodge.com">www.hailwoodlodge.com</A>

17-01-2003, 08:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I must have copped a dose in the plate of overpriced grease and gristle charmingly called a "full breakfast" by the Steam Racket Company in 1994.Guts felt terrible, but every year I put myself at their tender mercies for yet more punishment.Soon be time to cough up some more hard earned cash..........Gawd Bless 'em.
17-01-2003, 08:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

No Ian, You'll never have to entirely give it up. I have been following the TT since the 1950's from way down here in Oz and although I cannot be there I am always there in spirit and survive on my memories of the wonderful visits I have been fortunate to make. We're a weird mob, aren't we.
17-01-2003, 09:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

From the moment I sailed into Douglas bay early one June morning in 1967, I knew I was doomed! Hearing those screaming multis out at sea over the ships engine sealed my fate before I even saw the Ballahuchin!
But, hey, why would you want to be cured? Apart from the cost, I can think of no finer affliction!
In fact, I am following my grand fathers footsteps. He was a missionary, contemporary of Stanley and Livingstone. So, its in the genes! I have spent a lot of tme and effort contaminating others!
If I Feel low, I just think of standing outside The Sulby Glen, pint in hand! Never fails!!
I am so proud to be a member of such a family!
Mike

18-01-2003, 10:43 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am truly humbled by the response......

I tried adding up what I have spent on the Island related to todays costs, spread over the years from 1947 to now.....I could have BOUGHT the blooming Island !!!!

Doesn't bear thinking about..

19-01-2003, 08:13 PM