SUZUKI GRABS 8 PODIUMS AT SOUTHERN 100
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SUZUKI GRABS 8 PODIUMS AT SOUTHERN 100
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Tyco Suzuki lifted eight podiums and a 'fastest lap' at this week's Southern 100 Road Race on the Isle of Man in the UK with Guy Martin and Conor Cummins on GSX-R600 and GSX-R1000 machinery.

For local Manxman Cummins, it was just the tonic he needed after having to sit-out the Isle of Man TT last month because of injury; and if anyone was ever in any doubt that he would be back to his best, then the Southern 100 erased any negative thoughts: He led both Supersport races before giving best to Irishman Michael Dunlop, but he was in the thick of the action throughout, taking five podiums and the fastest lap in the Radcliffe's 600cc race.

Conor Cummins:

"It was great to be back racing and more importantly great to be back mixing it at the sharp end. No complaints; both bikes were flying and I really enjoyed the scraps with Michael and the other boys. It sets me up well now for the Armoy Road Race in a couple of weeks' time. Thanks to the Tyco Suzuki boys for a huge effort this week and all my personal sponsors for their support."

Guy Martin also took podiums in all of his races, finishing second on three occasions to Michael Dunlop in the 1000cc classes. The Lincolnshire man was disappointed to miss out on the top step, but again proved the pace is there as the final international of the season approaches at Dundrod, for the Ulster Grand Prix in just over three weeks' time.

Guy Martin:

"First is first and second is nowhere... isn't that what they say? Great meeting. Best meeting of the year as it always is and the boys did a great job, but we were just losing out in one particular area. We know what it is and I'm sure we can iron-it-out before the Ulster GP."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"We always enjoy being part of such a friendly race at the Southern 100. It was very pleasing to see Conor back at the sharp-end in his first competitive ride since his hand injury at the North West 200. It was his first-ever races on the GSX-R600 so to take a fastest lap and a couple of strong second places proves the pedigree of the big man and the Suzuki package. He rode the GSX-R1000 Superbike very well also on only his second outing on it.

"Guy is always very competitive at the Southern 100 and his results were also impressive, but unfortunately we just didn't have what it needed to beat Michael Dunlop this week, but fair play to the lad; he rode very well. On a positive note, we have another road racing outing coming up at Armoy before the final major rave of the season at the Ulster Grand Prix. We already know the GSX-R machinery is more-than capable of winning around Dundrod and both Guy and Conor have strong records there."

14-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Website Find Reply