James Whitham
Anonymous
Unregistered

James Whitham
I har James Whitham has retired on medical grounds (eyesight) folloing bike test in spain.
He will be missed by everyone who follows the sport
23-01-2003, 07:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: James Whitham
Poor old Jamie...he has developed glaucoma. Yikes....maybe this means the Po Boys will be fulltime, playing at weddings, bar mitvahs and generally rowdy nights out.
Alternatively, he may send Andrea out to work, and stay at home to play with Ruby.
Good luck with what you decide to do, James...you'll be a great success, whatever it is.
23-01-2003, 09:13 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sad news.
If ever one guy had too much bad luck!
Still, he IS still with us!!

Doesnt time fly, it seems like yesterday that I saw a novice James flying around Scarboro!

All the best James.
Thanks for the pleasure.
Mike Vickers (MV)
24-01-2003, 01:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am sorry to hear the news about Jamie Whitham having to give up racing because of illness. Im sure he is absolutely gutted by the descision. I wish him well in whatever he decides to do. Hopefully he will remain in the sport in some capacity and we will continue to see him around. He does have a company, with others, that runs track days called Speedfreeks. Perhaps he will concentrate on this.

Jamie has been one of the most exciting racers ever, to watch and follow at both world level and in the domestic championships. His style of riding with his chin sticking out is unique and great to watch. Has anybody ever tried this? Its needs big bravery.

Good luck JW #69

24-01-2003, 02:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am another fan who will be sorry when I do not see Mr 69 do his stuff at the races...

I had a great TT with him and Phil Mellor in 1989 if I remember rightly when the Suzuki Team was based at Quarter Bridge........................

The guy I was to enter in that years Manx, Ben Hines, was able to get a lot of TT experience thanks to James and Phil---

Ben and I had to return home after the Mondays races---By the time we got back to Reading, Phil had crashed on the 1100.........

I hope James enjoys his "retirement" but I am sure he will be involved with it still in other ways...

Thanks again James, we learnt a lot !
24-01-2003, 08:18 PM