YOSHIMURA SUZUKI 3RD IN TOP-10 TRIAL
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
YOSHIMURA SUZUKI 3RD IN TOP-10 TRIAL
[Image: suzukiyoshimurahdr.jpg]

Yoshimura Suzuki will start tomorrow's 35-Anniversary Suzuka 8-Hour third round of the World Endurance Championship in Japan from third position on the grid following today's Top-10 trial after beating their provisional Pole Position time.

The WSB Superpole-style Shootout comprised two riders from each of yesterday's top-10 qualifying teams and Yoshimura Suzuki opted to pit pole setter, Australian Josh Waters, alongside FIXI Crescent Suzuki World Superbike team rider Leon Camier as Suzuki development and former GP team member Nobuatsu Aoki gave his support from the sidelines.

Waters, who topped yesterday's timesheets with a lap of 2'07.704, shaved even more time off aboard the factory GSX-R1000 despite 40-degree heat and with track temperatures rising to 63-degrees, posting a personal best of 2'07.297, as Camier, the first of the two riders out on track, set a lap time of 2'09.006.

Said Waters: "My lap time 2'07.297 is not so bad. We are focused on tomorrow's race and Nobu, Leon and myself know we need to put in consistent and fast lap times during the eight hours. The support from the Yoshimura team and staff is excellent and I will be doing my best for victory!"

Reigning World Endurance Champions and current series leaders SERT set the eighth-fastest time with Yukio Kagayama topping Vincent Philippe's first-session best of 2'09.944 by lapping slightly faster at 2'09.708.

Pole Position went to Monster Yamaha YART's Katsuyuki Nakasuga and Tommy Hill, who smashed the 2'07-minute barrier with a shattering 2'06.845; the fastest lap of the circuit since free practice and qualifying began on Thursday.

Tomorrow's Suzuka 8-Hour race is scheduled to start at 11.30 local time and will be broadcast live on internet TV Channel USTREAM:

CLICK HERE

28-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Website Find Reply