READY TO RUMBLE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
READY TO RUMBLE
[Image: ugphdr2012.jpg]

Ulster Grand Prix hopeful William Dunlop expects to be almost in peak condition for this week’s McKinstry Skip Hire 90th anniversary Ulster Grand Prix following his huge crash at Skerries last month.

Dunlop, a winner in the Supersport class at the Dundrod in 2009, suffered a dislocated shoulder in the spill and severe bruising to his ribs.

He was forced to skip the Southern 100 meeting at Billown, but returned to action at Walderstown before competing at his home race at Armoy.

The 26-year-old has emerged as a major player in the four-stroke classes over the past couple of years and his success in 2012 includes a victory in the Supersport class at the North West 200 in May and a maiden rostrum finish at the Isle of Man TT, where the Ballymoney rider finished third in the opening 600cc race behind Bruce Anstey and Cameron Donald.

Dunlop is Wilson Craig’s sole representative at the Ulster GP and intends to provide the Ulster team owner with more international silverware.

“I’m not feeling too bad now with the injuries and I just decided to sit out the last Superbike race at Armoy instead of risking anything before the Ulster Grand Prix,” William said.

“I want to give Wilson another international win to make up for crashing his bike at Skerries.

“People expect me to go well on the 600 but I’m really looking forward to riding the big Honda at Dundrod and I don’t think I’ll be too far away.

“Michael is going to be the man to beat but Guy Martin will go well.

“I had the fastest lap in the second Superbike race last year, so I know I can ride the big bike fast around Dundrod.”

As well as the Dunlops, Bruce Anstey and Gary Johnson will line up in the Superbike class on Clive Padgett’s Hondas, while Manx rider Conor Cummins joins Martin in the Tyco Suzuki colours.

Dan Kneen, Ian Lougher, Dean Harrison, Ryan Farquhar, Adrian Archibald, John Burrows, Michael Pearson and Jamie Hamilton are also among the entries, while Australia’s David Johnson will ride for Cookstown team McAdoo Racing.

A new car park is available for spectators at the UGP, which is a 10-minute walk away from the main paddock and Joey Dunlop grandstand, and a five-minute walk to Smith’s grandstand. The car park is free of charge and can be accessed by following the signs on the Hannahstown Road.

Roads close for practice tomorrow from 1.30pm-9.30pm.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]

07-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: READY TO RUMBLE
[Image: ugphdr2012.jpg]

Ulster GP and Dundrod Race Schedule

Ulster Grand Prix schedule

Thursday - Roads close from 10:30 BST to 20:30 BST for practice and Dundrod 150 races

Race 1 - Dundrod 150 National;
Race 2 - UGP 125cc and Supertwins;
Race 3 - Dundrod 150 Challenge;
Race 4 - Dundrod 150 Superbike

Saturday - Roads close from 09:30 BST to 20:30 BST for Ulster Grand Prix

Race 1 - Superstock;
Race 2 - Supersport Race 1;
Race 3 - 250cc and Supertwins;
Race 4 - Ulster Grand Prix Superbike Race;
Race 5 - Supersport Race 2;
Race 6 - Superbike Race 2

09-08-2012, 02:11 PM