Laverty launching attack for Cadwell Park podiums
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Laverty launching attack for Cadwell Park podiums
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Samsung Honda's Michael Laverty currently lies fourth in the MCE British Superbike Championship standings, the first of the riders yet to confirm their place as a Title Fighter in the Showdown, but that is something he is ready to rectify at the team's home round over the Bank Holiday weekend (25/26/27 August) at Cadwell Park.

Laverty is already a double race winner this season but still is yet to claim his place in the Showdown; however the Samsung Honda rider believes that it is only a matter of time and with four races remaining of the Main Season his sights are solely set on scoring the important podium credits. Laverty and the team have utilised the break since Brands Hatch to complete two positive tests at Croft and Donington Park and now is expecting to come back in a stronger position when the season resumes next weekend.

Laverty said:

"Cadwell Park is the home race for the team so it would be great to pull off a top result there. We had a good run out at both tests during the gap since the Brands Hatch event and we were able to work through lots of parts and did everything meticulously so we know where we are for the remainder of the season. We did improve our base setting and I think Cadwell Park should be a good track for us as we did much of our pre-season testing there.

"I may not mathematically have qualified yet for a place in the Showdown but in my eyes we should definitely be there, so Cadwell is about getting the best results to secure that spot and with twelve Podium Credits still available we need to score as many as possible. I need to pull in the leading three riders so when we reach Assen for the first round of the Showdown we are in the best possible position."

Laverty has missed out on podium finishes at the previous two rounds of the season but is feeling confident that he can take on his main title rivals next weekend after being victorious at the challenging Lincolnshire circuit last season. Laverty now is bidding to close the gap to Tommy Hill, Shane 'Shakey' Byrne and Josh Brookes as the battle to become the 2012 champion intensifies.

"I am expecting Tommy (Hill) to be strong as he was there last season, but at the same time Josh (Brookes) is good there and Shakey has been on good form too so I just need to have a performance like we did at Snetterton and Knockhill" added Laverty. "I think we can do it as the Samsung Honda works well around Cadwell Park and I am ready to close that gap."

18-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Website Find Reply