MCE British Superbike Stars Set For ‘War Of The Wolds’ At Cadwell Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MCE British Superbike Stars Set For ‘War Of The Wolds’ At Cadwell Park
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Louth-based Samsung Honda team bid for home success in Lincolnshire this Bank Holiday weekend

The MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship returns to Cadwell Park this August Bank Holiday weekend (25/26/27) for one of the biggest events on the calendar as the pressure mounts on the leading contenders in their quest for title glory.

Defending champion Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha), Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) and the spectacular high-flying mountaineer Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki) have guaranteed their places in the title-deciding end of season Showdown but several of their rivals are lining up to keep their own title aspirations alive.

The Louth-based Samsung Honda team are aiming to consolidate their position in the title fight with Michael Laverty; he missed out on the podium last time out at Brands Hatch but following two positives tests is determined to ring in a double win to add to his tally following victories at Knockhill and Snetterton.

Laverty said:

“Cadwell Park is the team’s home race so it would be great to pull off a top result; we did much of our pre-season testing there so should be a good event for us. I am ready to close the gap in the standings and I think we can do it as the Samsung Honda works well there. I may not have qualified mathematically yet for the Showdown, but in my eyes we definitely should so it is about getting the best results possible to secure that. I need to pull in the leading three riders this weekend so when we reach the first round of the Showdown we are in the best possible position.”

Other riders desperate to secure a top six slot in the Showdown include 2012 race winners Ian Lowry and Chris Walker, World Superbike legend Noriyuki Haga and Tommy Bridewell, who’s enjoying a sensational season on the Supersonic BMW. They will all be giving it everything this Bank Holiday weekend for wins and podium finishes in front of a huge Cadwell Park crowd.

The legendary ‘Party in the Park’ event features two MCE British Superbike Championship races and a further eleven support races.

Adult tickets for main raceday cost £30 on the gate with children aged 12 and under admitted free.

For more information visit www.cadwellpark.co.uk or call 0843 453 9000.

21-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Website Find Reply