So Who Went To Ally Pally ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

So Who Went To Ally Pally ?
Did any of you lot out there go to the show?

If so, what did you think of it and what are your impressions of what was presented ?
03-02-2003, 12:26 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: So Who Went To Ally Pally ?
I used to go to the Ally Pally Show to set up tyres, brake pads and the like for my little team of riders for the coming season.................etc.The major manufacturers were represented and the ACU and TT lot were there to answer questions.
It was in fact "The ROAD RACING SHOW"..

It has now degenerated into a Sunday morning market with all the "last years" dross being sold to unsuspecting people who think they are getting bargains !!! Last years Helmets,leathers gloves etc...

I am astounded that it has been allowed to fall to this level and I am "pleased" to hear from people who went that I am not alone in my appraisal of the sorry affair....

I am also told that attendance was done big time and tickets were going at half price to get people to attend....

It used to be great to meet the teams who would be participating in various classes during the year...But we saw much LESS than is acceptable at something which was called "The ROAD RACING SHOW" ....
I didn't see much pertaining to road racing !!
VERY disappointing and the MOTORCYCLE NEWS should be ashamed !!!

But that's my opinion .............
03-02-2003, 03:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am not suprised that this is the way it is now.
You could see the way it was going 2 or 4 years ago. hat is why I for one stopped attending
Oh well.
Mike
03-02-2003, 03:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think we can sum it up like this

when i started going (5 years ago) the bikes for sale were all race bikes

this year 1 race bike the rest road bikes

nuff said.
03-02-2003, 10:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am glad I changed my mind at the last minute due to the adverse weather down south.This show is only a shadow of it's former self when all the leading personalities from the TT & GP's would be in attendance throughout the duration of the show,with the wholeplace looking like a racing paddock with transporters & racing machines and only a couple of stalls selling clothing and plenty of stalls selling racing items, books, photos etc.I remember doing the 500 mile round trip in one day about 5 years ago and never saw one familiar racing personality.It's a shame we can't have a 100% racing show with racing itself on a high at the moment.
04-02-2003, 01:56 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is it possible the Autosport International Show held at the NEC a month ago fills the Bikesport niche?
I attended neither, due to a bad case of CBA (Couldn't Be Arsed).
04-02-2003, 07:56 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I went i have been going for the last 10 years the show has gone from a racing show 2 a useless rubbish pose bike i mean road bike show.... nuff said
highlight of the day probably looking at the Bridgestone girls lol.....or watching the freestyle mx
04-02-2003, 10:17 PM