TT THINK TANK
Anonymous
Unregistered

TT THINK TANK
It has been announced that a Think Tank has been set up to "plan" the future TTs.....

I have received the list of people involved in the think thank and I do not see any riders, fans, officials etc.....Lots of business men though...

Could we have a statement on this website which will show us, the riders and fans, that something is being done FOR the riders and fans and not making the TT solely a way of raising cash for people not directly involved in the T.T..

Surely a think tank needs input from fans and riders......................
03-02-2003, 03:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TT THINK TANK
03-02-2003, 09:20 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry lads,

The original posting is so true it is no longer sport it is business, I fear that hard business and sport do not mix. The government have squeezed the important sponsors out and now they have to find money.

From my New Zealand friends I understand they lobbied the government re the removal of baccy advertising and the government underwrote sponsorship money for the interim year.

Big D.

04-02-2003, 02:53 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am inclined to agree with the foregoing comments, except for one thing. The Think Tank was set up by David Cretney, and I for one trust him to take into acount the views of the racers and fans. I believe that he is adding to the existing views and expertise with a little business "know how." Not a bad thing if a balanced view is taken in the end.
I was encouraged by Davis quote..

"He added: 'In setting up the think tank, we recognise the established expertise which already exists in the private sector, such as Duke Marketing, Greenlight, Red Road Racing, Manx Radio and others who, I hope, will be able to discuss issues of mutual interest with the think tank as it progresses ideas."

Lets see what happens, shall we?
In the maentime, there is nothing stopping any of us giving Mr Cretney OUR 2 pennorth.
Mike
04-02-2003, 10:26 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Then we MUST speak to Mr Cretney---I too feel that of all the people involved at this stage, he will look at the situation with a level mind....But he is the only one..

04-02-2003, 01:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think you might be suprised at how approacable he is! Send him an email with your thoughts. Come to think of it, he probably reads these postings!
In my humblr opinion, this think tank approach SHOULD only br good for the event. A friend of mine came for the first time last year. Although a keen biker, he hasnt watched a lot of racing. He was staggered by this "free" motor sport event that we all love. He said "I had no idea...."
Thats part of the proble, some of the people who could HELP the event grow, "have no idea" either.
Good luck Mr Cretney.
Mike
07-02-2003, 11:19 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think you've hit the nail on the head Mike, everyone I've taken over to the TT has been back the next year, and the next year, the problem is convaying how good the TT is to our doubting biker mates. It realy is up to us to advertise the TT by word of mouth and getting your mates round to watch you TT video collection, just dont show them the rainy one's.

John
07-02-2003, 01:04 PM