Hislop Announces Retirement
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hislop Announces Retirement
Today's Daily Telegraph reports that Steve Hislop will retire at the end of this season. How long will it be before the rumours start about a TT return in 2004 or a Classic MGP ride?
07-02-2003, 11:39 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Hislop Announces Retirement
It would be a real shame for steve to retire,he's always been my favorite rider and he always seems to give 110%, if he came back to ride at the TT though that would be another thing altogether,that would be a TT not to miss.
I hope he gets good results this year and retires with a championship win.

John Hulme
07-02-2003, 12:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

WE HOPE STEVE HAS A PERFECT PRE-RETIRMENT YEAR and that he returns to the TT in an advisory capacity---We need people like him to put the future of the TT in perspective.........
07-02-2003, 01:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Hislop Announces Retirement ... DENIED !
<A HREF="http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/detail?sectionID=212132&documentID=163846">http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/detail?sectionID=212132&documentID=163846</A>
07-02-2003, 01:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have just received a direct quote from Virgin Yamaha concerning this matter, as follows

"Having just spoken to Steve, I can say that Steve Hislop is definitely NOT retiring".

Steve commented "I enjoy my racing and I am as fit now as I was 10 years ago. Why would I want to retire? I appreciate why people see me as the elder Statesman of the paddock, but I'm still winning races and I'm going for another British Superbike Championship aboard the Virgin Mobile Yamaha."

Team Virgin Mobile

Great News and we at TTwebsite wish you all the best in the forthcoming season Hizzy.
07-02-2003, 04:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Steve Hislop is by far the best rider this country has had in years even his style was a style could not be beaten Good luck Steve 2003. For those who complain! COULLD YOU DO BETTER
07-02-2003, 09:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Steve

Better than McKenzie,McWilliams or Fogarty ? Surely the 3 best of recent years.
08-02-2003, 08:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Check there lap time at Donington!Who is the out right lap record holder
There's no dought there all tallented riders,
Hizzy is in a class of his own.
How fast could Rossi go against Hizzy on a tuned up street bike. Not a multi million pound bike he has especially when he is as old as Mr Hislop?
09-02-2003, 12:06 AM