Splitlath Redmond parts company with John Laverty and signs Troy Herfoss
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Splitlath Redmond parts company with John Laverty and signs Troy Herfoss
[Image: splitlathredmondlogo.jpg]

The Splitlath Redmond team regrets to announce that it has parted company with rider John Laverty.

He will be replaced by Australian Troy Herfoss who will make his MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship debut this weekend at Donington Park.

Laverty joined the squad at the start of the 2012 season, while still on the road to recovery from a horrific crash at Oulton Park in July 2011.
Since his return to racing he scored the team’s first top 20 finish of the season, and has been instrumental in the early development work with the Aprilia RSV4 machine.

Splitlath Redmond team co-owner John Dimbylow said:

“Sadly things just haven’t worked out with John and we are parting on friendly terms. John is an incredible guy and working with him has been fantastic, but now we need to look at trying some new things as we enter the latter stages of the season. As a team we are all sad to see him go and are sure he will be back out on a bike again soon. We wish him the very best of luck for the future.”

Co-owner Derek Redmond added:

“John has been an inspiration to everyone, and has been a well-liked and highly respected member of the Splitlath Redmond team this season. I’m very sad that he is leaving us, but I am convinced wherever he goes from here, he will have a happy and satisfying future. The whole team is sorry to see him go and we wish him well.”

Herfoss joins the team this weekend after starting the 2012 season with the RAC Racing Team in the IDM German Superbike Championship.

With a number of prestigious titles to his name including the 2010 Australian Supersport Championship and 2008 American AMA Supermoto Championship, the 25-year-old is new to both the Aprilia RSV4 and Donington Park, but is keen to impress this weekend.

“I don’t have any expectations this weekend because it’s all new. The team is new, the track is new and I’ve never ridden the Aprilia before but there’s no pressure from anyone. I’d like to get a point this weekend, I think that’s what I’m aiming for. The British championship is the best domestic series in the world, so to get this chance to be here is absolutely amazing."

“I had a look around the track with Niall MacKenzie yesterday and it looks great – it looks a nice normal track which should be easy to get used to, so I’m looking forward to getting out and seeing how I go.”

Herfoss will be the team’s only rider this weekend, as fellow Australian Mark Aitchison is still recovering from injuries sustained to his right hand in a crash at Cadwell Park two weeks ago.

“Right now I’m just resting it and the recovery is progressing well,” he said. “It’s a bit frustrating that I can’t be out there this weekend, especially after the good test we had here last month and the steps forward we have taken since then. But I’m doing everything I can and just focussing on getting back on the bike as soon as possible.”

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2012, 11:01 AM by Malcolm.)
07-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Website Find Reply