MARTIN DOMINATES SCARBOROUGH 1ST DAY
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MARTIN DOMINATES SCARBOROUGH 1ST DAY
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Tyco Suzuki's Guy Martin scored three wins at the 62nd Steve Henshaw International Gold Cup meeting at Scarborough today aboard the team's GSX-R1000 and GSX-R600.

Much to the delight of Tyco General Manager and Vice President [EMEA] Phil Dashey - who was visiting the North Yorkshire circuit for the very first time - Martin won the first leg of the Darran Lindsay Trophy on his GSX-R1000 Superbike by five seconds from Dean Harrison and Jamie Hamilton with Michel Dunlop fourth and Bruce Anstey fifth; both almost half a minute behind the Tyco Suzuki rider. He then took another comfortable victory in heat one of the David Jefferies 600cc Cup with a winning margin just over five seconds from Anstey with Ivan Lintin third.

The Lincolnshire rider then took another David Jefferies Supersport race heat on his GSX-R600, this time by six seconds over Dean Harrison with Michael Pearson third. His main rivals William Dunlop and Bruce Anstey were fifth and sixth respectively.

[Image: guyheadshot.jpg]

Guy Martin:

"Yeah I can't complain. Three starts and three wins and I'm enjoying riding my bikes. I feel comfortable enough and I know I can ride harder tomorrow if pushed on both Suzukis. We've got a great feel from the front end of both bikes, which is what you need here as it's all stop start; a bit more like a short circuit than the likes of the TT or Ulster GP, but all's good. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and of course the Gold Cup is the big one."

Mark McCarville - Team Crew Chief:

"Guy's in great form and he's looked very comfortable all day in practice, qualifying and the three races on both GSX-R machines. It's forecast that the weather could take a turn for the worst tomorrow, but he's equally as happy wet or dry on the Pirelli tyres. It's good to see him so relaxed but he's well up for it."

Tomorrow's race programme at Scarborough begins with the second leg of the Darran Lindsay Trophy at 1pm

15-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Website Find Reply