Yamaha YM1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yamaha YM1
Today, I have just found myself the new owner of a YM1 Yamaha of 65 vintage. A 305cc 2 stroke twin, of which I know is basically an overbored YDS3.

I know that the oil pump is gear driven and when you pull in the clutch lever the pump stops, (great design eh!) and also that the kickstart gearing is rather weak and was modified in later versions. Apart from that I don't really know anything further on the model.

Is there anyone out there who can provide me with some information on this very rare machine, as I would like to have some history on why Yamaha produced such a bike.

Was it directly in competition with the CB77 of Honda, or did Yamaha produce this machine before Honda uprated the CB72 ?
10-02-2003, 01:31 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Yamaha YM1
Try posting a message on the CRMC Forum. I`m sure someone will be able to help you. <A HREF="http://www.crmc.co.uk">www.crmc.co.uk</A>
11-02-2003, 01:08 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

14-02-2003, 12:07 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Harvey,

Not off to Japan until Sunday as my trip was delayed through other meetings.

Larry Devlin, (who I should have known would know something about this model anyway - "Many Thanks Larry - see you at the paddock hotel !!!") has managed to provide me with some useful information on the bike, and it certainly looks as if I have come across a bit of a rare one.

Anyway, if I can arrange it, I shall try and get both the YDS3 and the YM1 in for a couple of parade laps this year (if they will allow me).
14-02-2003, 12:47 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jim and The Season Ahead
Hi Harvey (again),

When are you going to give me the low down on the inside information on what is happening with Jim and the team in 2003 anyway ?

Always up for anything that Jim can impart, as you know.
14-02-2003, 01:13 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Jim and The Season Ahead
Yes Harvey, we are all waiting patiently........ ???
Cheers Stella ;0)

14-02-2003, 01:49 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Patient? Us? No chance...come on Harvey and Jim...cough up......what's the news? We want to know what you're going to win on this year.
14-02-2003, 08:32 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You people, what are you like.

Harvey T

15-02-2003, 12:29 AM