Hutchy out of T.T. 2013
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hutchy out of T.T. 2013
[Image: hutchynw200promo1.jpg]

Eight-time winner Ian Hutchinson is out of T.T. 2013.

The Bingley Bullet faces major bone transplant surgery on his left leg which he originally injured in a crash at Silverstone in September 2010.

Just three months earlier he made history around the Mountain Course when he became the first man to claim five T.T. wins at the same meeting.

Hutchinson says the latest series of operations will mean he can come back fitter and stronger in 2014.

He says being able to ride at this years' T.T. was good for his frame of mind but frustrating as he wasn't able to challenge for victory

Listen To Related Audio Clip

[Image: manxradiomain.gif]
18-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Hutchy out of T.T. 2013
Injury-hit Ian Hutchinson set to miss 2013 season

Ian Hutchinson is set to miss the 2013 road racing season following the latest operation on the leg injury which has affected his career in recent seasons.

The Yorkshire rider has been told that the injury will take at least seven months to heal.

The Englishman confirmed on Twitter that he would miss the North West 200 and Isle of Man TT.

Hutchinson suffered a fracture in a motorcycle stunt display in London last January.

The Bingley man had suffered a more serious leg break at Silverstone in 2010.

That came shortly after Hutchinson's five-timer at the 2010 Isle of Man TT.

"Unfortunately I will be not be racing next season at the North West 200 or TT. I will fight until I can," said Hutchinson on Twitter.

The Swan Yamaha team will now aim to find a replacement for Hutchinson for the 2013 campaign.

Hutchinson competed at this year's North West 200 and Isle of Man TT but a recurrence of his injury meant that he missed the Ulster Grand Prix.

-- / --

Meanwhile, Josh Brookes will ride again for Tyco Suzuki in the British Superbike Championship next season.

Australian Brookes is currently second in this year's Championships which continues this weekend with the opening Showdown round at the Assen circuit in the Netherlands.

Team manager Philip Neill said that it had been "an easy negotiation with Josh".

"Philip (Neill) put a deal in front of me that for me, proved my value to the team and made me realise that they really wanted me there for 2013,"
added Brookes.

[Image: bbcsport.gif]

19-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Website Find Reply