British Superbike battle comes to Silverstone
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
British Superbike battle comes to Silverstone
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

The MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship heads to Silverstone this weekend (28 – 30 September) and the Northamptonshire circuit is gearing up for a festival of stunning Superbike action and interactive off-track entertainment, including an open paddock and free Sunday Pit Walk for all ticket holders.

With six riders still in the running to being crowned 2012 BSB champion, and Silverstone’s reputation as a fast and flowing bike circuit with plenty of overtaking opportunities, the on-track battle looks set to be fiercer than ever. With just a 49 point gap between all six riders, and 50 crucial points up for grabs this weekend, the title fighters will be pushing hard to stay in the running for the title.

Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki) is currently leading the championship after first and second place finishes at Assen. However, Shane Byrne (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) is sitting right on Brookes’ tail, with only a two points between them. Brookes said: “We have a two point lead but that doesn’t mean much when it’s so close. I have had great results at Silverstone before and enjoy the track a lot. Hopefully we can put on a good show that is as exciting for the fans as it will be for me.”

Byrne is in a strong position heading into the Silverstone round: “Assen was fantastic for us and its onwards and upwards for Silverstone. So far, so good in the Showdown. We are in a better position going there this year than last, so we will see what we can do.”

Reigning champion Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha) had a disastrous start in Assen, after being forced to retire during Race 1. He will be looking to make up lost ground at Silverstone. “Assen wasn’t the weekend we needed, but we want to turn it around at Silverstone. Anything can happen and the Swan Yamaha team will be doing everything we can to get the wins.”

Having achieved some of his best results this season, Alex Lowes (Team WFR Honda) is looking forward to the weekend at Silverstone. “I like Silverstone, it’s one of the best tracks on the calendar and I think it will be really close. We are up to fourth now so we need to keep fighting for podiums.”

Michael Laverty (Samsung Honda) was disappointed after finishing seventh in the last two races and is currently sitting 38 points behind leader Josh Brookes. He said, “Assen was my worst weekend of the season, but at least we have got a bad round out of the way. We now have to bounce back as we have nothing lose now. Fingers crossed we can come back stronger this weekend.”

After finishing 5th and 6th in the last two rounds, Supersonic BMW rider Tommy Bridewell is looking for a strong finish in the two races at Silverstone. “We are looking forward to Silverstone and hope it can be a stronger round for the Supersonic BMW.”

Advance tickets for Silverstone’s round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship start from just £17.

Advance tickets are available until 17:00hrs on Thursday 27 September, after which tickets will be available on the gate.

For further information, or to purchase tickets, visit www.silverstone.co.uk or call 0844 3728 260.

Children aged 15 years and under go free*.

* Child tickets are for children aged 15 years and under at the time of the Event.
Children using a child ticket must be accompanied by a full paying adult.
Each full paying adult may bring up to a maximum of four children.

26-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Website Find Reply