Kuba and Troy fired-up for Silverstone challenge
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kuba and Troy fired-up for Silverstone challenge
[Image: splitlathredmondlogo.jpg]

Just days after arriving back in the UK, the Splitlath Redmond team is ready to do it all over again as the MCE Insurance British Superbike
Championship heads to Silverstone this weekend.

Kuba Smrz is fired up and ready to go at another circuit he knows well and enjoys, while Australian Troy Herfoss will once again step up to the challenge after Mark Aitchison was again ruled out by surgeons this week.

For Smrz it will be his second outing on the team’s Aprilia RSV4 machine following his Assen debut last week, and the Czech Republic rider is looking for success at another track he knows well.

His last visit to the Northants circuit was with the Superbike World Championship last month where he took pole and scored a third place finish.

“Like Assen, Silverstone is another track that I like,” he said. “It was there where I had my last WSB pole and my last podium so I will be hoping for a similar result here this weekend.

“I enjoy racing here and I think now we have had some experience with the Splitlath Redmond Aprilia that we can hopefully get some better results.

“Last weekend was all about learning the new bike and working on issues and problems and we found lots of things we can improve on. I hope that this weekend we will have worked around them and can get on with chasing two good finishes for me and the team. I’m looking forward to it.”

Like Smrz, Herfoss is also seeking improvement this weekend as he grows more and more confident with the Aprilia.

“This bike has taken me some time to get used to, but I’ve been able to improve every time I’ve ridden it,” he revealed. “At Assen I knew we were making steps in the right direction but for me they just weren’t big enough, so I was hoping I would get another opportunity to try this week.

“I wasn’t sure if I’d be riding until midweek as we were waiting for Mark to see the surgeon, but now I’m just focussed on getting some solid results for me and the team. I’m learning more and more about this bike each time I ride it, and I can’t wait to get another chance at Silverstone.”

27-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Website Find Reply