Edwards hampered by shift lever in Aragón race
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Edwards hampered by shift lever in Aragón race
[Image: ngmracinglogo.jpg]

Colin Edwards and the NGM Mobile Forward Racing Team leave Spain with a bittersweet aftertaste after fighting in the points-zone during the Gran Premio Iveco de Aragón yesterday.

The choice of hard tires for the race appeared to be right one for Edwards, who was able to reach fifteenth position before an unfortunate problem the shift lever at the very end of the race changed the fate of an already complicated weekend.

Colin Edwards

"Right before we went out we decided to go with the hard tire, which we hadn’t used all weekend, we used it during the test. We didn’t know what was going to happen and as it turns out, using the hard tire in the front was the right choice. I got a good start, got out there and I can’t ask for more, I went faster than during qualifying. I rode hard and then right at the end I got Pirro and tried to put my head down but I couldn’t catch the guys in front of me. The shift lever broke and I decided to finish the last lap to see if we could get some points. Thanks to my team, we worked a lot this weekend, we just got bad luck."

[Image: colinedwardsaragon2012.jpg]

02-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Website Find Reply