SWAN YAMAHA RETURN TO THE PODIUM AT BRANDS HATCH WITH SECOND PLACE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SWAN YAMAHA RETURN TO THE PODIUM AT BRANDS HATCH WITH SECOND PLACE
[Image: swanyamahahdr2012.jpg]

The Swan Yamaha team returned to the podium today at Brands Hatch in the opening MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship race of the triple-header title decider as Tommy Hill claimed second place to move up to third in the overall standings.

Hill had qualified on the second row but fought hard with his title rivals throughout the race to move up the order to third; however as Alex Lowes crashed out just before the race was red flagged for rain the defending champion claimed second place. Noriyuki Haga had a difficult qualifying session, finishing in 19th and with work to do in the opening race but scored an eighth place finish.

Hill said:

“You can almost cut the atmosphere with a knife, we want to win and that is it. We don’t want to see Shakey winning, we are doing a job and that is to win. I came here and was on the back foot but we have two more races tomorrow to try and go one better. I have been putting pressure on myself as I don’t want to be fifth or sixth, we want to be on the top step. Last time we were here we won the championship and it is difficult for us unless Shakey gets food poisoning tonight! It is so close this year and if we can get up there early on in the races it could make it much easier.”

Haga said:

“We made some improvements for the first race today, but we still need more for tomorrow and the last two races. We had a bad qualifying so the first race wasn’t easy but we made up positions and eighth place was some good points. Tomorrow we will try harder again and hopefully we can make up more positions.”

14-10-2012, 05:04 AM
Website Find Reply