Ryan Farquhar plans NW200 challenge
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ryan Farquhar plans NW200 challenge
[Image: kmrkawasakipromoshot1.jpg]

Ryan Farquhar says his KMR Kawasaki team will “definitely be involved” with next year’s Vauxhall International North West 200.

The Dungannon man, who retired from road racing following the tragic death of his uncle, Trevor Ferguson, at the Manx Grand Prix in August, told the News Letter he has yet to finalise the full details of his commitments to the event - which will run from May 12-18 - but confirmed his bikes will be on the grid in Portstewart.

Farquhar said: “Everything remains up in the air at the moment and I have no commitments from anyone yet, although one thing I do know is that I’ll be running a few bikes and I’ll definitely be involved.

“Nothing has been decided, but the organisers are keen for me to come to the North West 200 with more riders on my Supertwins.

“I don’t know if I’ll be going to the North West with one Supertwin, or two, three or four bikes - it’ll be another month before I’ll have any idea of what is happening,”
he said.

“It just depends on the amount of funding that I’m able to bring in and until that happens I’m not able to make any commitments to any riders.”

Rising prospect Jamie Hamilton rode in the KMR colours this season, claiming a major victory in the Supertwin class at the Southern 100 in the Isle of Man in July and Farquhar is hopeful he can run the young Ballyclare rider again next year.

“I’d like to be able to do something with Jamie again and I’m talking with other riders, but it’s too early yet to say,” he said.

Farquhar won the inaugural Supertwin races at the North West and Isle of Man TT this year, with ex-Grand Prix rider Jeremy McWilliams and ‘Triangle’ stalwart Michael Rutter putting the icing on the cake for Farquhar at the NW200 as they completed a KMR Kawasaki clean-sweep of the rostrum positions.

26-10-2012, 06:08 AM
Website Find Reply