McPhee to join Racing Team Germany in Moto3™ for 2013
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
McPhee to join Racing Team Germany in Moto3™ for 2013
[Image: mcpheeheadshot.jpg]

Racing Steps Foundation Scottish rider John McPhee, is joining Racing Team Germany for the 2013 Moto3 World Championship campaign.

He has signed a one-year deal with the Zwickau-based team to replace Moto2-bound Grand Prix winner Louis Rossi.

McPhee, who has raced in the Spanish CEV Buckler series in the 125cc and Moto3 classes over the last two years, is currently completing the tail-end of the 2012 World Championship Moto3 season with Caretta Technology as a substitute for the injured Alexis Masbou.

John McPhee

"Naturally I'm delighted that the Racing Steps Foundation has secured this ride for me to continue in the World Championship next year. Racing Team Germany is a competitive team, which has taken Rossi to his maiden Moto3 GP win and into the top half of the rider standings. So this is a fantastic opportunity for me for which I'm extremely grateful. It will be a tough year, for certain. I'm under no illusions about that. But standing in for Masbou at Caretta, along with the wildcard rides I did earlier in the season, has given me a pretty good idea of what to expect and how to handle it.

Dirk Heidolf, Racing Team Germany, Team Boss

“We've watched John for some time and been impressed with his approach and attention to detail. He's disciplined and does a very good job of dialling himself and his bike in over race weekends. Obviously he's been on a steep learning curve over the last few weeks and hasn't had the best of luck. This, of course, is reflected in his results. But he showed very convincingly that he has the ability to make the most of his chances when he took himself to the front in the wet at Brno. As a wildcard entry with only a little Grand Prix experience, that impressed me a lot.”

07-11-2012, 05:34 AM
Website Find Reply