Stoner on front row for his last-ever GP
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Stoner on front row for his last-ever GP
[Image: repsolhondahdr.jpg]

Repsol Honda Team’s Casey Stoner starts from the front row of the grid for the tenth race this year as he contests his final-ever Grand Prix in Valencia tomorrow.

Stoner had looked to be pole-contender for most of the session, yet he was ultimately not able to get the better of his teammate Dani Pedrosa or World Champion Jorge Lorenzo.

Casey Stoner

"Qualifying didn't really go to plan, it was a pretty frustrating session. Due to the miserable weather this weekend, we had a lot of work to do in a very short space of time, we did make some good progress but unfortunately we couldn't find enough before the end of the session. There is a new surface here and we expected everything to be really good and smooth but in fact we've found there are a lot of bumps on the circuit. Now I'm thinking how we can improve the bike and get everything working a little easier. We need to adapt the electronics to allow me to be less restricted on this track so I can ride how I want to. Hopefully the weather is dry tomorrow and we can take that extra step in warm up.”

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2012, 05:26 AM by Malcolm.)
11-11-2012, 05:26 AM
Website Find Reply