JACOBSEN SIGNS FOR TYCO SUZUKI BSB TEAM
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JACOBSEN SIGNS FOR TYCO SUZUKI BSB TEAM
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Tyco Suzuki has completed its 2013 British Superbike line-up having today signed 19-year-old American PJ Jacobsen to join Australian Josh Brookes next year on the GSX-R1000.

The New Yorker rode to success at Donington and Assen on the team's GSX-R1000 and 600cc machinery during ad hoc appearances this season, and with further podiums at Silverstone and the Brands Hatch finale in the Superstock class, the former American National Dirt Track champion was a big favourite amongst fans, sponsors and Tyco Suzuki personnel.

His transition to the British Superbike Championship - regarded as agruably the world's toughest domestic national tarmac series - is the next step in his fast moving career with Jacobsen and his New York Mets' cheerleader girlfriend Danielle now looking forward to setting up home in Northern Ireland prior to next season's BSB season which commences in April.

Jacobsen said:

"It's great to finally sign the deal to ride for Tyco Suzuki and I'd like to thank team boss Philip Neill and Phil Dashey from Tyco for their support. The team stood by me this season and gave me an opportunity in British Superstock and Supersport and put my career on the map. I just can't wait to get out there now and test the Superbike, and I know my experienced Australian team-mate Josh Brookes will help me a lot. I like his determination and attitude to racing and already knowing the Tyco Suzuki guys is also a big help."

Team Manager Philip Neill added:

"After agreeing terms with Josh during September it feels like it has taken a long time to finalise our British Superbike line-up. However now that it's done I am really looking forward to next season with a very exciting line up. PJ has been groomed as a motorcycle racer from a very young age and his unique all American style, of enjoying a bike sliding underneath him, will be a major factor in his future success in the Superbike category.

"As we have done with many of our riders, we will now start to put everything in place to create the correct environment for both PJ and his girlfriend Danielle, so they can be as comfortable as possible during their stay with us in Northern Ireland for 2013.

"With time spent riding our GSX-R1000 Superstock bike this year, we have secured some valuable information, so our technicians have already started fitting PJ around a GSX-R1000 Superbike, ready for his first test opportunity early next year. This really is the overall package we wanted, with Josh being a proven championship contender with years of experience and PJ being the young up and coming star. I have no doubt that the support of the Tyco Suzuki team and indeed Josh Brookes will be a significant factor in the eventual rise to the very top for this young man."

22-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Website Find Reply