Jacobsen looks ahead to 2013 with Tyco Suzuki
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Jacobsen looks ahead to 2013 with Tyco Suzuki
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

PJ Jacobsen is set for his MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship debut next season and the New Yorker is already counting down the days to the start of the season at Brands Hatch.

Jacobsen made his debut in the British paddock this season as he joined the Northern Irish team in the National Superstock 1000 Championship and is now gearing up for his debut season in the Superbike class.

"It is a dream come true to be racing in BSB with the Tyco Suzuki team," said Jacobsen. "I didn't know what to expect when I first came over to race in the Superstock class with them, but it has been awesome and we have had podium finishes, plus the win in Supersport at Assen so that was pretty cool. Winning those races boosted my confidence and exceeded the expectation that I had set myself initially."

Jacobsen debuted in the Superstock class at Oulton Park in July, scoring a top ten finish in his first race which he followed up with a sixth place at the next event on the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit. He then was back on the grid for the final three rounds of the championship scoring a hat trick of podium finishes including an astounding win at Donington Park by 0.001 seconds. Jacobsen believes that the experience will set him up well for his forthcoming debut in the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship.

[Image: jacobsenwithtasbike1pg.jpg]

Jacobsen added: "The Superstock class was really competitive and for sure Superbike is going to be the same; I watched the races this year and the level is really high. I know that I will have to learn some of the British tracks as I have only raced on a few; Brands Hatch was awesome and I loved Assen and Donington but hopefully we can get out on the others before the events.

"2013 is going to be a learning year for me; I can try the Superbike out and get some advice from Josh so it is exciting already to look forward to then. I am looking forward to getting on the Superbike as I come from a background of riding dirt bikes and Supermoto so I can't wait to start sliding the Tyco Suzuki around! The championship is one of the best in the world; the riders are always battling and that is cool. I am going to take it one race at a time, I don't have any pressure on me and I just want to keep progressing. If that means at the end of the Main Season that we are in with a chance of the Showdown then that would definitely be awesome."

06-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Website Find Reply