MSS Performance to take sabbatical from MCE British Superbike Championship
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MSS Performance to take sabbatical from MCE British Superbike Championship
[Image: mssbathamslogo.jpg]

MSS Performance has confirmed that the team will take a sabbatical from the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship in 2013.

The Colchester-based team have taken the decision to take a season out from MCE BSB racing after a long history in the series.

MSS Performance team owner Nick Morgan said,

"The decision not to return to the grid for the 2013 season has been one of the hardest I've ever had to make. We've been prominent in the British Superbike paddock for twenty years first with the likes of Andrew Stroud and Chris Haldane. We then had some successful campaigns in the British Supersport Championship with Pere Riba. While in recent seasons we've demonstrated just how competitive we were in Superbike and with both Danny Buchan and Howie Mainwaring in the National Superstock 1000 class.

"We didn't want to turn up with just a half-hearted effort as the depth of talent is incredibly high and without the backing of a major title sponsor, we wouldn't have been able to run at the competitive level we know we're capable of. BSB is a fantastic series which we've enjoyed being part of, I'll be keeping in touch with everyone and hopefully we'll be back soon!

"It's been a fantastic journey and we've seen some great racing from all of our riders - Simon Andrews, Gary Mason, Stuart Easton, Billy McConnell, Julien Da Costa, Chris Walker, Alex Lowes, Michael Rutter, Howie and most recently Danny Buchan - I would like to thank all of them. Of course the biggest thank you needs to go to all those who have helped and supported us over the years, the team members, the fans and most importantly all of our sponsors. "

[Image: msspitaction.jpg]

15-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Website Find Reply