Jeremy McWilliams could return to North West 200
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Jeremy McWilliams could return to North West 200
[Image: nw200logo2013.jpg]

Jeremy McWilliams could return to compete in the Supertwin races at the Vauxhall International North West 200 in May.

The former Grand Prix rider, who was inducted into the Hall of Fame at the annual Adelaide Motorcycle Awards in Belfast on Friday, made his road racing debut at the NW200 in 2012.

McWilliams impressed on Ryan Farquhar’s KMR Kawasaki as he finished as the runner-up behind Farquhar and ahead of fellow KMR rider Michael Rutter, who completed a clean sweep of the podium positions in the Supertwin 650 race for the Dungannon team owner.

Farquhar has quit road racing following the death of his uncle, Trevor Ferguson, in a crash at the Manx Grand Prix last August, but the possibility of McWilliams returning to the North West to challenge for honours remains a possibility.

Speaking at the awards in Belfast, the veteran racer said: “It was almost a surreal experience last year and I was more nervous on the day of the race than I probably ever have been throughout my whole career.

“I haven’t made a decision on whether or not I’ll go back again this year but it’s something I have to decide.”

McWilliams will have plenty of time to talk over the option of a NW200 return with Farquhar as the pair travel to Australia to participate in a classic meeting at Phillip Island.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]

Kyle White
23-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Website Find Reply