Brivio responds to Suzuki MotoGP reports
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brivio responds to Suzuki MotoGP reports
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

"Suzuki contacted me for MotoGP but I'm just talking and I'm not the only one" - Davide Brivio.

Former Factory Yamaha team manager Davide Brivio has responded to reports naming him as part of Suzuki's planned MotoGP return.

Brivio wrote on Twitter (@Davide_Brivio): "Suzuki contacted me for MotoGP but I'm just talking and I'm not the only one. They have not yet decided yet about 2014 but only testing 2013."

The Italian was team director for Yamaha during Valentino Rossi's title-winning debut 2004 M1 season and later - from 2008 - concentrated exclusively on Rossi's side of the garage.

Brivio then left Yamaha with the seven time world champion at the end of 2010, but did not join Ducati, instead working as a consultant for Rossi's 'VR46' brand.

Suzuki 'suspended' its MotoGP activities at the end of 2011 due to the financial crisis, but intends to return by 2014 and take part in test sessions this year.

However Dorna's Carmelo Ezpeleta recently warned that Suzuki would need to source a grid place from an existing team for 2014.

Paul Denning previously ran Suzuki's MotoGP outfit, with 1993 world champion Kevin Schwantz also linked to management of the factory's 'comeback' entry.

Aspar's Randy de Puniet is set to help with test rider duties for the new Suzuki.

Should Suzuki return it would again raise the number of factory MotoGP entries to four, alongside Yamaha, Honda and Ducati.

27-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Website Find Reply