Márquez: - "I think Jorge, Dani and Valentino are still another level"
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Márquez: - "I think Jorge, Dani and Valentino are still another level"
[Image: marquezheadshot.jpg]

As MotoGP™ rookie Marc Márquez picked up an award by Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo at its Night of Champions yesterday in Barcelona, motogp.com caught up with him about his test and expectations this year.

"It is an honour to be one of the winners in this Gala Mundo Deportivo", said the Repsol Honda rider. "Although the important thing is to enjoy myself on the bike, these awards also a bit of a reward for all the work done."

About his upcoming season in MotoGP he commented: "In 2013 everything appears new to me, making the jump to MotoGP. I’ll see how it goes and will try and enjoy the year."

Talking about the feeling he had with the RC213V at the test in Sepang, the debutante explained: "I felt very good throughout the three days. That's very important, and I made a good start from day one. And it was a little better than I expected, but there is still a long pre-season ahead, so we have to keep working and I have many things to learn."

He was consistently lapping in the top three in Malaysia and only narrowly finished fourth in the end, yet he is not getting carried away by expectation: “In the end I think Jorge, Dani and Valentino are on another level right now, and it's not my battle. My battle is with the bike, learning, knowing the reactions, gaining experience, accumulating miles, and from there the results will gradually come."

"It is clear that I have the same ambition as before, but I must be aware that in MotoGP there are the best riders in the world and that this bike is very different from what have ridden so far, and very difficult to fully understand."

And like most riders, he will be keeping a close eye on just how the top guys do it: "From my rivals I try to learn everything I can. See how to ride, their lines, what they do and why they do it. From here, I’ll try to take the positives and learn.”

13-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Website Find Reply