Rizla Suzuki
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rizla Suzuki
Who rode the Rizla Suzuki's in The Island, i thought it was Chris Martin and Paul Iddon but i'm told they road the Skoal Bandit Suzuki's and a visit to another place tells me they did ?
24-03-2003, 07:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Rizla Suzuki
Pat Hennen was sponsored by Rizla but I never heard the Suzuki refered to as a Rizla Suzuki though!
25-03-2003, 12:45 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Think you're right Elwyn.

Never was such a beast, not officially anyway!
25-03-2003, 01:37 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chris Martin and Paul Iddon rode in Skoal Bandit colours in 1986, whilst Roger Marshall joined Iddon in 1987. Rizla stickers have appeared on bikes at the TT before but only as a small sponsor (ie on the bottom of the fairing). I certainly can't recall anyone appearing on the Island in full Rizla colours.
25-03-2003, 10:05 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

not forgetting smutty robinson. he rode the tt and ulster that year in skoal bandit colours.
ade!
25-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Q8 Rizla Suzuki
So I am sitting in my office today and happened to look at the wallchart for days off and the like when I sees in the corner of said wallchart an advert for Q8 oils which ALSO incorporates Rizla and Suzuki..........Has anyone else seen this ad on the Trade magazine foldy-up wallchart ???
25-03-2003, 08:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Q8 Rizla Suzuki
On the subject of rizla sSuki are we mixing up BSB and TT.

Rizla are sponsoring Suzuki in BSB this year, for proof read article on MCN website under BSB

Big D.
25-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Ade i am trying to think about the rizla thing i have seen the name at meetings but i cant quite put my finger on their involvment in racing?
25-03-2003, 10:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a vague memory of a Kawasaki/Rizla link many years ago,dont think it lasted long...
25-03-2003, 10:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Rizla Kawasaki
Rizla is featured heavily on the fairing of the Team Green Kawasaki machines of Roger Hurst and Ray Swann in the 1988 TT, but they are not listed as a sponsor in the programme. Roger finished second in the Prod C class
The second instalment of Mark Gardiner's TT story is featured in the April 2003 issue of Motor Cyclist. I gather the mag is available in the UK through W.H. Smiths.
25-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Rizla
As far as I can remember , Rizla were responsible for sponsoring the Road Marker Signs around the TT course, cant remember what year though, but can also recall Rizla stickers on Kawasaki and Suzukis at one stage , but would only seem to have been co-sponsors at the time.
26-03-2003, 12:11 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry ade - Neil Robinson did the TT in 1986 in the colours of Ian King of Royal Cars, former sponsor of Mark Salle. He was definitely in Skoal Bandit colours at the Ulster though.
26-03-2003, 09:44 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

i should know that phil, d'oh! i've got the video somewhere, i think it's the bbc one. yes he did wear the skoal bandit colours at the ulster, i've got that video as well. first superbike race: smutty robinson, joey dunlop, andy mc gladdery. great race and what a noise that 750 growler of andy mac made. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
ade!
26-03-2003, 06:10 PM