Cameron Donald leaves Honda TT Legends team
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Cameron Donald leaves Honda TT Legends team
[Image: hondalegendslogo.jpg]

Cameron Donald has made a shock exit from the Honda TT Legends Endurance World Championship team for ‘personal reasons’.

The Australian rider has stepped down from the team in order to spend more time with his family.

Donald, who has been a part of the team since it was formed in 2011, will honour his commitments with Northern Ireland’s Wilson Craig Racing team at the North West 200 and Isle of Man TT this year, riding Honda machinery in the Supersport, Superstock and Superbike classes.

“This was not an easy decision for me and I will miss the team hugely,” said Donald.

“We’ve had some great times over the past two years and the experience of endurance racing is one I’ll never forget, but at the end of the day, it doesn’t suit me to be away from Australia for such a long period of time.

“I’d like to thank Honda and the team for the opportunity.”

[Image: camdonaldinttlegendsleathers.jpg]

The remaining Honda TT Legends Endurance World Championship riders, John McGuinness, Simon Andrews and Michael Rutter, will form a three-man team to contest the four-round series, which commences with the Bol d’Or 24-hour event on April 20/21.

The line-up for the North West 200 and TT remains unchanged, with Michael Dunlop, McGuinness and Rutter contesting the Superbike races.

Team manager, Neil Tuxworth, added: “We’re very disappointed that Cameron will not be a part of the EWC team this year as he has done an excellent job over the past two years.

“He expressed a wish to spend more time at home in Australia, which meant he was unable to commit to the programme of testing and racing required and therefore we have mutually agreed for him to stand down.

“We wish him all the best for the NW200 and TT and look forward to seeing him at those events.”

No replacement has been officially identified, although the door may be ajar for Ballymoney’s Michael Dunlop to fill the void left by Donald at the Endurance World Championship rounds in addition to his Superbike ride with the team at the NW200 and TT.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]

27-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Website Find Reply