Brian McCormack pens KMR Kawasaki deal
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brian McCormack pens KMR Kawasaki deal
[Image: bmccormackonkimrbike.jpg]

Irish rider Brian McCormack has joined Ryan Farquhar’s KMR Kawasaki team.

McCormack, who rode for Chris Dowd in 2012, will contest the North West 200, Isle of Man TT, Ulster Grand Prix and selected Irish national events on Kawasaki ZX-10R Superbike and Superstock machinery.

The Waterford man, the current Adelaide Masters champion, is expected to make his debut for Farquhar’s team at the Cookstown 100 in April.

Farquhar retired from road racing in August last year following the death of his uncle, Trevor Ferguson, in a crash at the Manx Grand Prix.

He has ploughed his energy into running his own team this year, securing backing from Vauxhall’s Northern Ireland dealers.

New recruit McCormack said: “I’m delighted to be joining Ryan and his team and it’s a tremendous opportunity for me, one I intend to firmly grasp with both hands.

“I know how hard Ryan works and how meticulous he is in his preparation so I’m thrilled to be getting the chance to ride the bikes he’s won so much on.”

McCormack joins young guns Jamie Hamilton, James Cowton and Connor Behan as KMR Kawasaki’s confirmed line-up so far for 2013.

Lee Johnston had been due to ride for Farquhar in the Supertwin class at the North West 200, but the deal was shelved, with Johnston’s team preferring the Fermanagh man to concentrate on riding the Ducati Panigale 1199R.

Jeremy McWilliams and Michael Rutter, who finished on the rostrum on Farquhar’s KMR machines in the Supertwin race at the North West in 2012, are in line to join the team again for the international meeting on the North Coast.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]

28-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Website Find Reply