HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEOFF DUKE
Anonymous
Unregistered

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEOFF DUKE
As posted elsewhere Geoff Duke will be 80 years young tomorrow, 29th March....

As a true TTFAN of Geoff since I first met him in the early 50s, I wish to be the first on this site to wish him HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow..

He is still a very fine representative of all things good at the TT....

I hope Gilera do something for him at this years TT because he deserves it.

Will there be a special celebration in which we can all participate ??

Long may you be around Geoff...Well done.
28-03-2003, 08:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEOFF DUKE
Tomorrow would also have been my mother and father's diamond wedding. He was 20 when they got married. A happy anniversary all round.
Although he had stopped racing long before I became interested in bikes, I remember hearing about Geoff Duke when I was a child. He was as famous in his day as Barry Sheene was in his. My Dad never had a bike, but he spoke of him in awed tones.
I met him a few times some years ago, and he is a charming and interesting man. My very best wishes for many happy returns of the day.
28-03-2003, 09:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEOFF DUKE
March 29th was also my parents wedding anniversary and the first one without dad. My dad absolutely adored Geoff Duke and during the fifties when he came to Australia we happened to be away on annual holidays, nevertheless, much to the amazement of the other holiday makers he drove his old car for over three hours to make the journey back to Sydney to watch his idol. I, too, caught up with Geoff in 1990 at the TT, got a great photo and autograph for dad after having a chat with this famous man. Happy Birthday.
30-03-2003, 09:50 PM