Lowes ready to take on Shakey and Kiyo at Brands Hatch opener
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lowes ready to take on Shakey and Kiyo at Brands Hatch opener
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Samsung Honda's Alex Lowes topped the times in the recent official MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship test and now has his sights set on claiming the first wins of the season at the opening round of the season at Brands Hatch (5/6/7 April).

Lowes scored his maiden win in the Championship last season, making the cut for the Showdown and proved that he is ready to take the challenge to his more experienced rivals. The Lincolnshire rider lines up alongside returning triple champion Ryuichi Kiyonari as he bids to maintain his position as the most successful rider in history, but Lowes is determined to make his mark starting at Brands Hatch.

[Image: alexlowestestinghonda.jpg]

Lowes said:

"I feel like I am really prepared for the start of the season; even after our first test I felt I was riding like I did at the end of last year. I am feeling good and I am not worried that the weather wasn't the best at the tests because I am happy with myself and the team and when I am in that situation that is when I tend to be quick.

"I know we can be somewhere near where we need to be from the start and I think the pressure is more on Kiyo than on me as he is coming back to the championship, but he is a really good team-mate and I am looking forward to working with him. He has won three titles so I can learn from him, but I also want to be able to spoil the party by the time we reach the Showdown! We have had testing but racing is completely different and I can't wait to get started as I think from the start everyone is going to be really close."

01-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Website Find Reply