Easton scores Motorpoint British Supersport pole position
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Easton scores Motorpoint British Supersport pole position
[Image: bsbsupersportlogo2013.jpg]

Stuart Easton powered in his first pole start in over three years and he did it at record busting pace - the MarTrain Yamaha rider out-gunned the rest by a little under half a second to top the qualifying leaderboard for this afternoon's Motorpoint British Supersport race.

"So far it is job done," said the Flying Scot who had lapped 0.9secs inside the lap record. "I am really pleased with that lap, and to be over 0.4s clear of the rest, it is a very good time. The weather looks changeable for this afternoon, and while I prefer the dry, there is nothing I can do about the conditions. I take it as it comes and this lap has given me the confidence to do that."

Reigning champion Glen Richards, still chasing his first victory of the season, starts his Smiths Gloucester Triumph alongside Easton at the front of the grid with series leader Alistair Seeley, who had led the session for much of the time, third fastest on his Gearlink Kawasaki, a split second down on the Aussie.

Billy McConnell, aboard the second Smiths Triumph completes the front row of the grid with a best lap 0.769secs down on Easton. Ben Wilson, riding Gearlink Kawasaki heads up the second row of the grid ahead of Samsung Honda's Jason O'Halloran.

Graeme Gowland, Seton Tuning Yamaha; Glen Irwin, MarTrain Yamaha; Richard Cooper, Oxford TAG Triumph; and Jake Dixon on the CF Motorsport Yamaha complete the top ten qualifiers

Motorpoint British Supersport Championship, Thruxton, qualifying:

Stuart Easton (MarTrain Yamaha) 1:16.046s
Glen Richards (Smiths Triumph) +0.414s
Alastair Seeley (Gearlink Kawasaki) +0.419s
Billy McConnell (Smiths Triumph) +0.769s
Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) +1.296s

13-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Website Find Reply