Dunlop Confirms He Will Be On The Factory Yamaha For The Cookstown 100
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Dunlop Confirms He Will Be On The Factory Yamaha For The Cookstown 100
[Image: wdunloplaurels.jpg]

Ballymoney’s William Dunlop will debut his factory-prepared Milwaukee R6 Yamaha at the KDM Cookstown 100, during the national road racing curtain raiser on April 27.

Dunlop, who has been competing in the British Supersport Championship with Shaun Muir’s team, to gain much needed mileage prior to the International Road Racing season, is delighted to be riding the super-trick factory bike at the Orritor Circuit, after speculation that he may have to sit it out.

The deal is a collaboration between Dunlop’s British championship team and local sponsor Chris Dowd, who will be supporting William this season with this specially built machine at the North West 200, Isle of Man TT and Ulster Grand Prix.

A delighted Dunlop said: “It would have been nice to have been able to bring my Milwaukee Yamaha R1 Superbike to the event, but I love working with Chris Dowd and CD Racing and I think this special wee R6 will be good enough for the job around Cookstown.”

The specially built German machine is as ‘factory’ as you can get in terms of Supersport hardware, and William believes if he uses it to its full potential at Orritor, it could well give the larger capacity machines a run for their money.

“I’m maybe not that great around Cookstown, but if I ride it to its full potential, it’s certainly good enough to run at the front in the open races,” he said in his usual humble manner.

Dunlop will also take in the Moto3/125cc class on his Delaney Honda and should be a cast iron favourite for victory. Practice for the Cookstown 100 takes place on Friday April 26th with roads closing at 12 noon; followed by a 15-race programme on Saturday April 27th with roads closing at 10am.

For more information and a full race programme go to www.cookstown100.com

18-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Website Find Reply