Helicopter funds
Anonymous
Unregistered

Helicopter funds
Isle of Man Motorsport Funds
For some motorcycle racing on the Isle of Man we use helicopter ambulances to evacuate casualties from their incident site to Hospital. They are used at the TT in June, Southern 100 Billown Course events in June and July and the Manx Grand Prix in August. The funding sources for these helicopters varies:-

There is NO such fund as the ‘TT Helicopter Fund’ as the helicopters for the TT races are paid for by the Department of Tourism & Leisure. There is also no fund called the ‘Isle of Man Helicopter Fund’.

For the Manx Grand Prix, their Supporters Club have an ‘MGP Helicopter Fund’ which contributes towards the hire costs of the helicopters but this is for the MGP only:-
[Donations to:- John Kermeen, 10 Ballacrosha Estate, Ballaugh, Isle of Man.]

For the Southern 100 Billown Course events the helicopter costs are supported by the ‘Southern 100 Helicopter Fund’:-
[Donations to:- George Peach, Ellerslie, Malew Street, Castletown, Isle of Man.]

However, the medical and rescue equipment in the helicopters for ALL the above events is provided by the ‘Rob Vine Fund’, of Nobles Isle of Man Hospital. This is a gift account held and administered by the Hospital. The Fund is also used to purchase all the immediate care, medical and rescue equipment at the nearly 100 marshalling locations around the TT and S100 courses. The ‘Rob Vine Fund’ also financially supports the Hogg Motorsport Association and its ambulances:-
[Donations to:- The Rob Vine Fund, Nobles Hospital, Isle of Man.]

Thank you for taking the time to read this communication.

Dr. David B. Stevens
Medical Director of Isle of Man Motorsport Medical Services and Chief Medical Officer for the TT races, MGP and S100.

10-04-2003, 11:43 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Helicopter funds
Does anyone know what prompted this statement?
Mike
10-04-2003, 04:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think people are advertising that they are raising money for the "TT Helicopter Fund" which doesn't exist.
21-04-2003, 10:00 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

21-04-2003, 11:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sam, I think that the posting you have made here is totally inappropriate and certainly unwarranted.

In this particular instance, I would most certainly hope that this has been posted without any malice.

I would dare to guess that you are not aware as to the esteem in which Stella and her family are held by the motorcycle racing fraternity, and if you had cared to read the postings further down the board (if you visit here regularly) this would have become extremely apparent to you.

What would have been more appropriate, if you are so concerned about people collecting money for "The Helicopter Fund", would have been for you to contact Stella by email, explaining the differences between the funding for the use of the Helicopters on The Island. Otherwise it would have been much better for you, never to have posted at all.

Mind you, Stella would not have been able to email you back would she, as you have carefully forgotten to add your email address to your posting ?

Stella and family, I apologise for having let this particular posting slip through and for any upset that this may have caused you.
22-04-2003, 08:09 AM