Ellison boosted by productive Cadwell Park test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ellison boosted by productive Cadwell Park test
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

Milwaukee Yamaha's James Ellison is ready to come out fighting at the May Bank Holiday (4/5/6) round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship after completing a productive test at Cadwell Park today (Wednesday).

Ellison utilised the test at the Lincolnshire circuit to test further chassis settings as he bids to return to the podium at Oulton Park after scoring podium finishes in the first two rounds, including a win at the Brands Hatch season opener. Ellison was joined on track by Australian team-mate Josh Waters, who had his first chance to ride the circuit and the team's road race squad of William Dunlop and Conor Cummins.

Ellison said:

"It has been a really productive test today. We have been able to do lots of laps and it has been a good opportunity to try different chassis settings just to see what difference it made to the overall handling for reference. It was a great opportunity for me to try different racing lines without the pressure of having to get a lap time in and I'd like to thank 'Sir' Roger Marshal for watching trackside around the whole circuit and really helping me get my lap times down to within half a second of the race winner's time last year. I am looking forward to Oulton Park now and being able to put all our hard work from this test into practice. I really need to claw the points back I lost from the first race at Brands Hatch.

Waters makes Cadwell Park debut at Milwaukee Yamaha test

Australian Josh Waters had his first chance to complete laps of Cadwell Park today (Wednesday) as the Milwaukee Yamaha team tested at the Lincolnshire circuit ahead of the next round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Oulton Park (4/5/6 May).

Waters joined team-mate James Ellison on track as the team continued their preparations for the next round of the Championship in less than ten day's time; the Cheshire circuit has previously been a happy hunting ground for the team and they are aiming for a repeat performance.

Waters said:

"It has been a good day for me, to get the chance to do some laps and learn the track when it isn't part of a race meeting was important for later in the season. The track is so different to any of the others; to ride a bike on a track where you jump is weird to begin with, but I got a lot of laps in so I know where I'm going for next time! It was cool also having the road boys there too with us on track and it has been a busy day for us all but a good one too."

25-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Website Find Reply