Lightning start for Lowes in Oulton Park free practice
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lightning start for Lowes in Oulton Park free practice
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Alex Lowes claimed the initial advantage at Oulton Park this afternoon as the Samsung Honda rider headed off MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship leader Shane 'Shakey' Byrne to set the pace in the dry afternoon free practice session.

Lowes had been consistently fast throughout the session and as the riders shuffled for positions the Samsung Honda rider held the position ahead of tomorrow's Datatag Extreme Qualifying session. Defending champion Byrne moved ahead of Tyco Suzuki's Josh Brookes for second in the final 15 minutes of the session whilst Milwaukee Yamaha's James Ellison completed the top four.

[Image: alexlowesatoultonday2.jpg]

Lowes said:

"I'm quite happy so far as we've done a lot in the one session after rain cost us track time earlier, but the bike is feeling good. We've got a lot of work still to do, Shakey has tested here, and this is the first time I've ridden here since last year but I'm feeling good."

Buildbase BMW continued their momentum with Jon Kirkham setting the fifth fastest time from Tommy Bridewell who moved up the order in the closing stages ahead of Peter Hickman for Lloyds British GBmoto Honda and 2012 race winner Chris Walker.

The second Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki of Keith Farmer was ninth fastest despite a crash in the final three minutes at Druids unhurt and PJ Jacobsen completed the top ten for Tyco Suzuki.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Oulton Park, free practice two:

Alex Lowes (Samsung Honda) 1m:36.547s
Shane Byrne (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) +0.053s
Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki) +0.078s
James Ellison (Milwaukee Yamaha) +1.160s
Jon Kirkham (Buildbase BMW) +1.281s
Tommy Bridewell (Bathams Honda) +1.338s
Peter Hickman (Lloyds British GBmoto Honda) +1.528s
Chris Walker (Quattro Plant Bournemouth Kawasaki) +1.565s
Keith Farmer (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) +1.893s
PJ Jacobsen (Tyco Suzuki) +1.918s

04-05-2013, 04:18 PM