Robert Dunlop and Milky both hurt
Anonymous
Unregistered

Robert Dunlop and Milky both hurt
Not a good weekend for two of the TT's stars. Robert Dunlop and Richard 'Milky' Quayle both had big getoffs this weekend, at Ahgadowey and Jurby respectively. Robert has broken his ankle and seems likely to miss next month's North West 200, while Milky has an arm injury - there are conflicting reports at the moment as to whether or not it is broken.
Best wishes to both riders for a speedy recovery, at the very least let's hope they're fit for the TT.
20-04-2003, 06:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Robert Dunlop and Milky both hurt
Milky crashed today, in the first Open race at Jurby. We don't know why just yet, but it seems like it might have simply highsided. The bike, which was a borrowed GSXR 750 is fairly wrecked!

As for injuries, I can confirm he has no broken bones at all. He has a serverly bruised elbow, which is also cut badly, and some ligament damage to his knee.

All in all he is well banged up, and bruised, and is going to have to miss the Cookstown 100 this weekend. He will be back on the bike in time for the North West 200 next month, and then on to the TT of course.

The knee injury is giving him a little bit of bother right now, and he is spending tonight in Nobel's Hospital, but all in all, there is nothing too serious, and we would like to put an end to any other rumours that might circulate.

Cheers

Paul
20-04-2003, 06:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

20-04-2003, 07:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

They well and truly have in this little Island Harvey, that's why.

Not everything happens on the internet you know!

Paul
20-04-2003, 07:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

20-04-2003, 09:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

A rumour
There will be a new class at all Scottish meetings....only photographers to qualify....minimotos.......better get my camera out of storage...
20-04-2003, 09:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wrong, Harvey - the Manx Mafia knocks the internet into a cocked hat!!!
21-04-2003, 12:49 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I get the feeling this could be an interesting topic of internet conversation. Anyone wanting to start a rumour about rumours?, besides me falling off a Minimoto.

Harvey T.

21-04-2003, 01:09 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

A topic about rumours or the Manx Mafia?The latter would be far more interesting!Seeing as how the Italian one mainly operates from Sicily,another island,the similarities will be interesting to compare.I can see a difference in the fact that the Manx version will be able to stay under cover for longer periods due to the Manx mist,that Sicily is not known for.I can imagine that the Manx Mafia also get paid more especially those helping to organise the racing!lol
21-04-2003, 07:20 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I did hear there was a story going about....but maybe it was only a rumour......
21-04-2003, 08:41 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

21-04-2003, 09:36 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re:Rumour
Nevermind bacon baps, what about the kippers !
21-04-2003, 11:02 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, I forgot, Kippers, the secret weapon of mass destruction. Will I ever forget washing them down with warm beer. They are still repeating on me after 3 years.
21-04-2003, 11:31 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Luca Brazi sleeps with the kippers.
Anyway- Even if Messrs Dunlop and Quayle aren't badly hurt, I hope they're better soon.
21-04-2003, 01:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just what has all this tripe got to do with bike racing???
21-04-2003, 05:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree
21-04-2003, 08:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nothing!
21-04-2003, 08:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re:Rumour attn Don S
Careful Don - Oliver Cromwell's found his way on to this site as well!!!!!!!
21-04-2003, 08:50 PM