Kawasaki ace Keith Farmer targets big improvements
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kawasaki ace Keith Farmer targets big improvements
[Image: keithfarmeroulton2013.jpg]

Clogher’s Keith Farmer was left with a sense of frustration after crashing out of the first MCE British Superbike Championship race at Oulton Park on Bank Holiday Monday before regrouping to finish eighth in the second.

Farmer started the opening race from fourth place on the grid but his race was over on the first lap as the Northern Ireland man was clipped by another rider and crashed out at Shell, fortunately escaping unhurt.

Farmer fought back to take eighth in the second race but is seeking big changes ahead of the next round of the series at Knockhill in Scotland.

“It’s been a frustrating weekend for me, particularly after qualifying on the front row and while I feel comfortable following ‘Shakey’ and other riders, when I’m riding on my own, it’s a bit of a struggle to do the lap times,” he said.

“The first race crash was disappointing but I managed to salvage an eighth in the second race but it’s not where I want to be finishing.

“I have to keep reminding myself it’s only my third full season of road racing and I’ve got to be patient.”

Samsung Honda’s Alex Lowes cruised to victory by over three seconds in the first race after Farmer’s team-mate Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne slid off, taking the win from Milwaukee Yamaha’s James Ellison and Josh Brookes on the Tyco Suzuki.

Jon Kirkham, Tommy Bridewell and Peter Hickman were the top six.

In race two, a determined Byrne fended off challenges from Brookes and Lowes to win with Kirkham, Bridewell and Walker next. Ellison was a retirement while battling for third.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]

Kyle White
08-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Website Find Reply