Message for Sam
Anonymous
Unregistered

Message for Sam
How dare you imply that Stella and her family were seeking to profit from the death of their beloved son. Had you taken the briefest look at the postings before you would have seen the whole story. While there is no "Helicopter Fund" as such, there are several groups supporting the service. An abject apology on the board, and another directly to Stella is the least you can do, and a substantial donation to the Fund would be better still.
I have the highest regard for Dr Stevens, but, with his vast experience of people in similar circumstances to Stella, perhaps it would have been more appropriate to send Stella the information directly, or by mailing it to ttwebsite.
This extra distress to a family who have supported dozens of others over the years was uncalled for and unnecessary.
22-04-2003, 06:57 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Message for Sam
Well said Helen !

It is a credit to Stella and her family that even in their darkest hour they thought to give something back to the sport that they love.

To even insinuate for one minute that they would not forward any monies collected to support the helicopter rescue at the Manx or the TT is totally despicable !!

Sam I suggest you post now and retract any suggestion that your comments were aimed at Stella or any of her family.

Disgusted !!

Guy
22-04-2003, 08:56 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

go to this web address and type in his ip address 195.10.121.112 and take it from there if he is not forthcoming with at least an apology.
<A HREF="http://www.ripe.net/perl/whois??searchtext=AS13122&form_type=simple">http://www.ripe.net/perl/whois??searchtext=AS13122&form_type=simple</A>
dispicable, that's all i can say. i would like to say more but the naughty word thingy won't let me!
ade!
22-04-2003, 09:41 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whoever this Sam is i find his remarks regarding the helicopter fund totally out of order and further more i think an apology on this board to Stella & all concerned should be posted on here, please Stella ignore this malicous posting and get down to Oulton on May Day.
22-04-2003, 10:43 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

It seems to be a function of this medium that people can hide behind a nickname and inflict the most damaging hurt on other people with impunity. Is this the mirror of their counterfeit souls that some are so disdainful of the feelings of others who are out there doing what they could only dream of?

" And for this cause to thee
I speak, unapprehensive of contempt,
The insinuated scoff of coward tongues,
And all that silent language which so oft
In conversation between man and man
Blots from the human countenance all trace
Of beauty and of love."
(William Wordsworth)

22-04-2003, 12:04 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am in no way advocating for "Sam", but I think he probably read the two postings, made a snap judgement and posted. I HOPE he did not know the whole story.
22-04-2003, 01:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

As an outsider looking in i feel that Sam has been given a hard time for ansering a question.

If you look back you will see that Dr. D.B. Stevens posted a statement listing the organisations concearned with funds.( I think to clarify to everyone what was meant by "TT Helicopter Fund")
The next message in the thread was Mike Vickers asking the question on what prompted the statement.
The message after that was from Sam, in answer to Mike. Not as i see it in any bad way towards Stella and family.

As i appreciate some people have been upset by this i think the lad (there i go jumping to conclusions - it may be a lass) just didnt word his/her reply as well as others can.

ps. It was nice to see Stella and Alex at Oulton Park yesterday enjoying the lovely weather (!!!!) and racing

Kim
22-04-2003, 04:13 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm with you, Kim. The doctor's posting reads(even) worse than Sam's. I cannot believe that anyone thinks there is some charity scam here. Come on Dr S- wade in.

Also- very sorry for your loss, Campbell family.
22-04-2003, 10:14 PM