Honda’s Michael Dunlop ‘feeling good and ready for the TT’
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Honda’s Michael Dunlop ‘feeling good and ready for the TT’
[Image: mdunlop2nw2013.jpg]
Honda's Michael Dunlop is brimming with confidence ahead of this year's Isle of Man TT races

Honda TT Legends rider Michael Dunlop is fully charged up as he turns his focus to the Isle of Man TT races.

Dunlop rode the factory Honda on the roads for the first time at the North West 200 but was denied the opportunity to make his full race debut after racing was cancelled due to the weather.

However, he won’t have long to wait as practice for the TT gets under way next Monday and Dunlop heads to the Island feeling more prepared than ever in his career.

He has had the luxury of plenty of pre-season track time on the Fireblade and also gained extra miles at the Bol d’Or 24-hour Endurance World Championship meeting in April.

And although his Honda Superbike for the TT is different to the endurance machine he’s spent so much time on prior to the North West 200, the three-times Mountain winner completed an extensive shakedown at Castle Combe and clocked some additional miles during NW200 practice on the north coast.

“Everything is good and I’m happy with all my bikes, they’re going well.

“The North West was never really my best race in the past but I was on pole for the Superbike races and my pace was good all week,”
Dunlop told the News Letter.

“I’ve had more time on the bikes this year than ever and now I’ll be even better when I get to the TT.”

Dunlop rode his PTR World Supersport-spec Honda for the first time at last month’s Cookstown 100 and bagged a victory in Saturday’s race at the North West, but he still feels the best is yet to come.

“The 600 Honda is good but we’re still a bit away from where we want to be and there’s still a lot more to come from the bike.

“This time I’m a lot more comfortable on the 600 than I was last year going to the TT. I’m up near the front and that’s where I need to be,”
said Dunlop, who won the second Supersport TT race in 2012 and retired from the first while leading.

“I’m heading over to the Isle of Man on Thursday and it’s a long stint but if you can bring back some trophies then that’s what it’s all about. That’s what we are going there to do and I’m ready"

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
Kyle White
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2013, 12:06 PM by Malcolm.)
20-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Website Find Reply