Fao Larry Devlin
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fao Larry Devlin
Larry a Mr Steve Murray sends his best wishes and is hoping to get an entry on the roads of Ireland in 2003.
26-04-2003, 08:27 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Fao Larry Devlin
Just pushes me one more place down the results . . . . . . . . . .!

Look forward to seeing him!!
26-04-2003, 07:13 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just returned from the Classic Bike show at Stafford where I spoke to Steve Murray. he has just returned from a racing trip to Australia.He is still enjoying his racing as much as ever, having been racing continiously since 1950, and he is still pretty quick on his 500 Seeley at over 70 years of age. Other notable TT men I saw at the show was guest of honour Derek Woodman,Tommy Robb,Ron Langston,Jon Ekerold,Steve Tonkin,Colin Seeley & a few others.
26-04-2003, 10:13 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now then, is the Steve Murray you're referring to the same "S. Murray, Chester", (number 161) I'm looking for, who raced at the Beveridge Park, Kirkcaldy, on the 20th May, 1961, and won the 125cc race on a Honda, and also entered the Unlimited on a 500cc Matchless and "ran away with the first heat"?
Bob McIntyre and Alastair King did the winning in the other two heats, so how "S. Murray" did in the final I'd love to know!
He has a place in "the Book" if it's the same lad, along with a photo if he'd like to supply one. Likewise all other riders who put in an appearance at any Beveridge Park meeting, 1949 to 1989, are welcome to get in touch.
My phone number is 01592 650562, and if I'm not here the Ansaphone will be!
Hi Larry.

Regards, Jake

27-04-2003, 09:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mature TT entrants
Hey, a wee trip through the bad boys area, where the sidecar teams park, at the TT, will reveal the presence of a very large contingent on the SAGA TT Special tour! Have a look at the sidecar drivers entry list! Us passengers, on the other hand...we know when to quit! Welll.....maybe one more wee run round....but definitely that will be the last.....
27-04-2003, 09:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good Heavens, Jake, I never saw you lurking there, ready to pounce!
Anyone you want chased up at the TT? I'll be there for most of practice week, which gives a chance to find people.
27-04-2003, 09:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Helen,

You know the criteria; did the Park? did any Scottish meeting? memory reasonably intact? (Not essential!)
Anyone who fits the bill can get in touch anytime, you have the address and phone/contact details? Spread the Gospel about 'the Book' Helen, and have a nice time. Lucky bu....!
27-04-2003, 10:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Steve Murray - Beveridge Park
Yes it's the same Steve Murray who is still going strong, I will contact Steve tomorrow & then phone you with a contact number for him.I am sure he will be more than pleased to help you
27-04-2003, 10:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Steve Murray - Beveridge Park
Thanks Elwyn, your help is much appreciated.
I'm glad I spotted the first posting! Our records are pretty good, eh?

27-04-2003, 10:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Steve can be found most days cruising around the roads of Chester on a Bantam, what a character but if you phone him be prepared he will talk racing all day but its brilliant.
28-04-2003, 09:50 AM