Neil "does wheelies for food" Porter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Neil "does wheelies for food" Porter
my mate slim will be at the tt this year looking for support and new bikes as he does his wheelie and burn out and stunt shows. On the quiet he`s looking for a gsxr1000 to do a world record. 2 any1 interested in lending him 1 or 2 get in contact please just to shut him up. Says he can do 100mph wheelies sat on bars lets prove it. All the best to every one.
30-04-2003, 02:13 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Neil "does wheelies for food" Porter
I know Neil he will need two bikes one for each foot, then again plus a 600 for under belly.

Just for fun Neil he he

Come on lets give the lad some support.
30-04-2003, 07:28 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

When he does 125plus around the mountain circuit on a racing bike thats the time to look for sponsership ok!
01-05-2003, 12:27 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bit unfair that pyke not all things are levelled against the TT course. Most things but not all things. just for the record neil was a dam fine club racer in his time.
01-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The TT is a biking event and all walks of biking life are represented,stunt shows are part of the overall atmostphere for the two weeks on the island and if someone needs a little help in his quest to be there , so be it...live and let live Pykey
01-05-2003, 05:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok if i have offended Neil i apolologise, but i get the impession that to a lot visiting the TT the races are not what they go to the IOM for. An example was last year when a crowd staying at our b&b didnt even go to watch any races or practice, i asked 'why do you come to the IOM TT' and they replied 'to act the fool on the prom and get p...ed every night' i am willing to bet that they wouldnt even know who was riding. Maybe i am getting old but even the t shirts they sell have the logo tt festival when a few years ago they had tt races on them, roll on the Southern 100.
01-05-2003, 06:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

its ok you didnt offend and you are probably right that these days the racing itself is secondry to the partying , maybe this can be put down to the marketing of the event and in my opinion its beginning to attract an element of non bikers just as you experienced in your B&B...that is an issue which would be better sorted sooner than later....but back to the subject of stunt shows these are dedicated lads who strive to be as proffessional as they can be and if a sponsor would buy them the parts they need to keep entertaining us then i see no problem with it.
01-05-2003, 07:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cheers Neil i think i am living in the past and i realise these stunt riders are very commited to their skills, me personally i wont be at the TT but the MGP and the Southern are on my agenda and a couple of Irish meetings so enjoy TT 2003 and ride safe.
01-05-2003, 07:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Racing- What racing?
There's nothing new about goons coming to the TT and not watching the racing. Lots of them are bikers, but they sleep through the day and drink the rest of the time.
Have to agree about "festival". TT Festival my big toe!
01-05-2003, 08:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Racing- What racing?
Thanks thought i was on my own on this subject but as you say its nothing new, after all its their holiday but to miss the best action on Bray Hill etc well someone might expain one day that there is racing taking place.
01-05-2003, 09:13 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Racing- What racing?
As my wise old wire-haired grannie used to say, you can get drunk anywhere, so why bother going all that distance to do it?
03-05-2003, 12:38 PM