iom on line
Anonymous
Unregistered

iom on line
<A HREF="http://www.iomonline.com">www.iomonline.com</A> has two good bike related stories today. One is on Geoff Duke being awarded the freedom of Douglas, and the other a report on the road works for the tt. Always worth having a look at anyway to keep up with Manx news.
03-05-2003, 12:12 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: iom on line
Talking of Geoff Duke, I saw the great man in Marks & Spencer the other day. I cannot, however, confirm whether or not Douglas's latest 'freeman' had to pay for his groceries ! He was struggling a bit to get around, I think as a legacy of his racing injuries all those years ago, but otherwise looks very well for a man who celebrated his 80th birthday recently. A true TT legend.
03-05-2003, 02:21 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

If he didn't pay for his groceries, I am sure that the Isle of Man's current racing hero, Milky Quayle, would have apprehended him! Lol!
03-05-2003, 03:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I doubt it Helen - Milky's struggling more than Geoff at the moment ! On a serious note, Milky's definitely out of the North West but is still optimistic of being fit for the first TT Practice session 3 weeks tonight.
03-05-2003, 03:24 PM